Pieve di San Lorenzo a Miransù


Isolated in the woods of Villamagna hills, at the gates of Florence, the Parish Church of San Lorenzo a Miransù shows in his architecture its Romanesque origin. Remembered among the Parishes confirmed to the Bishop of Fiesole in 1103, it is a three nave building with a semicircular apse externally adorned with and indented motif. In the facade the portal and the 'oculus' above are to be referred to the restoration of the 1950's. The works, which were kept inside, have been have been moved in the not too distant church of Castellonchio.



Back to Beyond the Castles Index
Back to Castles Index
Back to Castles of Tuscany