|On the right the castle that dominates Florence.
North of Florence, on a hill near Fiesole, rise
this castle of medieval origin. Its actual aspect is the result of
a complete reconstruction,
gothic' style, carried on in the 19th century. The owner of that
time, John Temple Leader, commissioned the works to the architect
Fancelli, and the castle restoration was completed in 1865.
mentioned for the first time in year 1031 as fief
of the Visdomini family. The decline started in the 17th century,
the castle was sold, gambled and gradually went to ruin. Only in
the inner courtyard are still visible some original medieval coats
of arms and some frescoes
dating 14th century, coming from a chapel of Via della Scala in Florence.
Currently the castle is
a private residence and seta of events and exhibitions and it is visible only
from the outside.